LAND is a nonprofit arts organization committed to presenting site-responsive projects in the public sphere throughout Los Angeles and beyond.
LAND believes that all people deserve the opportunity to experience innovative contemporary art in their everyday existence, to enhance their quality of life and ways of thinking about their community. In turn, artists deserve the opportunity to realize projects in the public realm, unsupported through traditional institutions. LAND brings contemporary art outside of the walls of museums and galleries, into our shared public spaces and unique sites.
LAND supports dynamic and unconventional artistic practices using a tripartite approach:
- Commissioning public projects of site- and situation-specific works with national and international contemporary artists
- Collaborating with a variety of institutions and organizations, such as universities, museums, and theaters as well as other types of spaces, industries, and entities
- Offering additional programs such as performances, workshops, residencies, discussions, educational opportunities, and publications
LAND’s innovative exhibitions and programming structure features three main types, or scales, of programming:
- Large-scale, multi-site, multi-artist exhibitions (group thematic shows that exist over time and space)
- Monographic exhibitions or discrete group exhibitions
- One-night ephemeral performances and durational events